These are the basic steps that we will complete (hopefully) today! If you would like to work faster, please use the resources below to aid you in your work!
1. Go to Edublogs.org
2. Create a new account and website.
3. Check your email and click on the activation link.
4. Log in to your new Edublogs website.
5. Change your password.
6. Explore the dashboard and various menus. The video below shows a slightly different dashboard, but it is generally the same.
8. Look at Appearances --> Widgets and play around with the widgets. Learn more about widgets here.
9. Go to Posts --> Add New and write your first post
11. Go to Feedburner.com (create a google account if you need to)
12. Validate your RSS feed.
13. Active the Email Subscription option.
14. Copy the email subscription form into a text widget in the sidebar of your website.
Congratulations! You now have...
Other Important Wordpress Basics
How to add categories and tags to posts
How to add text widgets to your sidebar.
Some general places to find support for Wordpress are:
Learn about FREE Edublogs.org accounts here:http://edublogs.org/features/
Learn about SUPPORTER Edublogs.org accounts here: http://edublogs.org/supporter/
These work will help with Edublogs.org, Wordpress.com, or a self-hosted Wordpress site.
Learn about PREMIUM Wordpress.com accounts here: http://en.wordpress.com/products/
Google Analytics and How to use with Wordpress
How to Install Wordpress on Bluehost.com