Reflect Now that you have looked at several classroom/teacher websites...
- What are your general observations?
- What design features (colors, fonts, layouts, domain names, etc.) stood out to you?
- What content features (types of articles, photos, videos, assignments, files, etc.) stood out to you?
Now that you have reflected, start to make some decisions...
- What is your purpose in creating a class website?
- Why do you want a class website?
- Who is your target audience?
- Who will add content to this site?
- What are 5 features or items that you think are most important for your class website?
- What are 3 or 4 names that you have in mind for your site?
- Start simple and build as you have time and experience.
- Include an "about page" and a "contact" page.
- Make it easy to navigate
- Make it easy to read:
- Pay attention to text and background colors. Make sure there is a lot of contrast between the color of the text and the background color.
- Make sure the text is large and comfortable to read.